Suggestions Needed: Berlin, Summer of 2008 Podcast
o, I’m thinking of putting together a podcast of tracks from the summer of 2008 in Berlin. These are, essentially, the tracks that I heard EVERYWHERE when I went out to party. But I can only recall so many, so I NEED YOUR HELP! Vote for your most memorable and/or favorite tracks from 2008 (especially ones that were making the rounds in deep/minimal house circles) in the comments below. Even if the track was released before 2008, I’m focusing on tracks that were ubiquitous at that time. Here’s what I have so far:
- Sis. “Nesrib.” Cécile [note: I refuse to include “Trompeta,” which I can’t stand]
- Michel Cleis. “La Mezcla (feat. Totó la Momposina).” Strictly Rhythm. [see comments in link for lyrics]
- Stimming. “Una Pena (feat. Violeta Parra).” Diynamic. [see comments in link for lyrics, and here for a review of the track]
- Radio Slave. “Grindhouse (Dubfire Terror Planet Remix).”
- Lee Jones. “Safari (Stimming Remix).” Aus Music.
- Minilogue. “Animals.” Cocoon.net. [The video for this is AMAZING.]
- Danton Eeprom. “Face Control.” Foundation. [You can find this used to good effect on Ivan Smagghe’s Cocoricó mix CD]
- Shackleton. “Blood On My Hands (Ricardo Villalobos Apocalypso Now Remix).” Skull Disco. [possibly the scariest party music ever]
- Samim. “Heater (Claude VonStroke Remix).” Get Physical Music. [the track everybody loved to hate]
- Kerri Chandler. “Pong (Ben Klock’s Bones & Strings Rework).” Deeply Rooted House.
Wow, that’s already a long list. Aaaanyway, put in your votes in the comments!